The first meeting of the Executive Committee of Association of Private Sector Universities Pakistan, (Federal Chapter) was held on October 6, 2020 at the Central Secretariat of the APSUP chaired by the President Islamabad Chapter Dr Syed Tahir Hijazi Vice Chancellor of Muslim Youth University. The meeting was attended by the office bearers and executive directors of APSUP.
After detailed discussions, the following short- and long-term goals for the federal chapter were adopted. The Association will: * Work to improve the public image of all private sector universities that are already providing best education possible in a very cost-effective manner.
* Take all necessary steps to facilitate parents and students both administratively and educationally.
* Interact with the Regulatory bodies like the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical and Dental
Council (PMDC) etc. to help improve and improvise the education & research system in Pakistan.
* Benefit from each other’s experiences in developing a system within their institutions to facilitate students & parents. In this regard two action items were recommended.
(Dr. Alvi offered his services for sharing online degree attestation system which has already been implemented successfully at FAUST. He will provide every assistance to member universities to develop this system so that the alumni can benefit from it as much as possible.)
* Develop a consortium of member universities for a centralized admission-testing facility.
* Interact with All Pakistan Newspaper Society (APNS) to obtain a special advertisement package for the universities.
* Launch a joint scholarship fund for private university students.
* Work to induct more members in the APSUP (Federal Chapter) including sub campuses of private universities as associate members. A meeting of the Federal Chapter will be held on the first Monday of every month.