MY University believes that quality in higher education is a dynamic entity. Therefore, factors that determine quality must set an equilibrium with international expectations and standards. These factors include, leadership, quality of faculty, quality of students, curriculum, infrastructure facilities, research and learning environment, governance, strategic planning, assessment procedures, industrial collaborations and relevance to market forces. The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) has been established at the MYU to address quality concerns in all programs under the guidelines set by the Higher Education Commission.
- Development of a program of activities to institutionalize a quality culture in higher education and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Improvement and implementation of initiatives to build and strengthen capacity for high quality provision at the institutional, learning program and individual levels.
- Measurement of expected outcome/performance from an individual faculty member through standard internationally-evaluated and tested procedures after having provided the requisite teaching and research infrastructure and facilities.
- Gauging performance of each Academic Department/Institute/Center through annual review based on standard parameters set for the purpose.
- Regular assessment and review of Muslim Youth University (MYU) to assure the quality of the teaching staff and teaching and training provisions provided to students
(The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is headed by the Dean QEC who reports directly to the Vice Chancellor of the University. He corresponds with the outside bodies and is responsible for Internal Academic Audit as well.)
QEC is responsible for:
- Promoting public confidence in the quality and standards of the award of degrees and are enhanced and safeguarded.
- Review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- Evaluation of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of program.
- Defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- Improvement of qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Master's, M.Phil., and Doctoral.
- Developing program specifications. These are a standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- Quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- Ensuring the university's quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally, for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- Introduction of procedures for the following:
- Approval of new program
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student perceptions.
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master's, M.Phil. and PhD degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
Quality Enhancement Cell Team
Engr. Muhammad Arslan